Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Today is Mother's Day, and thanks to Scott & Lukas, it has been a great one. Truthfully, my Mother's Day has lasted several days so I have gotten more than my share of fun. It all kicked off Thursday night with a nice dinner and framed photo of Lukas holding up a sign that says "#1 Mommy." Then I had lunch with Scott and a pedicure on Friday, followed by dinner at our favorite Friday night spot. Then I had a great breakfast which included mimosas(!), a massage and day of fun yesterday, topped off by dinner out with Scott at an awesome Greek restaurant. Thanks Charlotte for babysitting!!! Finally today, we had a picnic at the playground and have just hung out. I have the best husband ever to give me such a great weekend.

In even bigger news than Mother's Day, Lukas finally got a haircut last weekend. The pictures above are from our photo session at Picture People- I have a very handsome boy if I do say so myself! He is such a sweetheart too- I feel so blessed this Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day as well to my mom, Hazel, and all of the moms out there! I hope you have all had a special day.

The one negative thing that has made the weekend unexpectedly special is that I found out yesterday that someone has been fraudulently using my credit card number all week! Apparently the credit card company was tipped off when someone tried to make a purchase in another state about 2 minutes after I bought something here. So now I have to get a new card, open an investigation, blah blah blah. It stinks but at least they caught it before they did too much damage. Why can't people just be nice?

Ok well I am off to enjoy the rest of my mother's day. I am making some huge red velvet cupcakes at the moment because I became obsessed with them after watching Bobby Flay's Throwdown last weekend about cupcakes. Yummy!

No comments: