Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer-summer-summertime...


"Ridin' around in your jeep or your benzos..." Happy summer everyone! I always think of that Will Smith song "Summertime" - love that song! We have been busy doing lots of fun stuff. You can see Lukas and Kate driving the playground jeep!

First of all, we had our 4th Mojito Party and it was a big success. Our friends Ryan & Jennie from Orlando came to stay with us and were such a big help- Lukas LOVED Jennie so it was nice to have a break from the mommy phase for a while. Thanks Jennie!!! All in all, we had about 45 people at the party and everyone had a great time I think. As usual, the menu included cuban sandwiches, picadillo, black bean soup, yucca, key lime pie, and this time I threw in a rum cake. Yum!








Then we had a great visit with Scott's family, who made the trip up from Florida to spend 4th of July with us. We rented a house up in the GA mountains and were even joined by our good friend Mike who just returned from Iraq earlier this year. Mike brought "Rock Band" with him, which is pretty much the greatest video game ever invented. It occupied way too much of our time, but I swear if we just practice a little bit more, I really think we can make it! :) Maybe an Indy label...nothing major, but we'll keep the music pure that way. It's all about the music.















Lukas also got to spend time with his cousin and real-live big boy, Zach! Lukas was in awe of and wanted to copy everything that Zach did, especially SCREAM!!! It was hilarious hearing Lukas exercise this new found talent of screaming for joy- I loved hearing his declaration of happiness.



The rest of the month so far has been blissfully lazy. We have just been hanging out, and by the way, our good friend Sue Boutwell taught Lukas to drink out of a straw in 30 seconds (never mind I have been trying to teach him for MONTHS!!!). Can't argue with experience! He almost walked at her house too- I think a couple more days over there and he would be ready for college. Here is a parting shot of Lukas captaining his boat- looks like it was a good day at sea for Captain Lukas.

No comments: