Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lukas Erectus



Well it finally happened! Lukas took his first steps on Tuesday afternoon. Scott's mom Hazel had just arrived for a visit, and within about 2 hours of her being there, he does what we have been waiting months for him to do! He took 4 steps on his own!!! We were screaming and clapping like we had won the lottery! Of course I have no photographic evidence to demonstrate this mastery of being upright, but I was just too surprised and it happened too fast! He has taken about 4 steps total since Tuesday, but we figure that is more of a personal choice based on the logic of "why walk when people are willing to carry you???" Our son the efficiency expert!

Another momentous happening was that Scott & I got to go out on a real date...ALONE!!! That hasn't happened in a LONG time. Scott surprised me at work with a text that said something like, "Surprise dinner- anywhere you want." We chose to go to Buckhead Diner which was very tasty, and I even got to put on a nice shirt because I did not have to worry about "Mister Lukas prints!" :) Here is a photo of us just before we left.



Lukas also was enjoying his post-bathtime freedom by parading around in his towel for about 30 minutes. He really is getting good at striking a pose now.






We spent the weekend relaxing in the mountains with Scott's mom & dad. The most exciting thing that happened at the rental house is that we THOUGHT we had put Lukas to bed in an area upstairs. So I am relaxing watching TV downstairs, when all of the sudden Lukas appears at the bottom of the stairs!!! He had managed to escape out of the Pack 'n Play and get down the stairs undetected. We later figured out that one of the side was not latched properly and had caved in when Lukas was pressing on it, but still- that took some serious athleticism on his part, not to mention stealth! I was so surprised and impressed by my little Houdini, but of course we were scared all night that he would somehow get out and fall down the stairs! He woke up safe and sound. Here are some pics from the weekend- notice Lukas making his "fish face." He loves to make this face!






A final thought is that you spend all kinds of money on toys, when really all you need is for a random box to show up in the mail. Go figure.

No comments: