Saturday, November 8, 2008

Super Post!


It has been WAY too long since I last posted. There is so much to share! We'll just work backward for the sake of ease...

Here is a picture of Lukas on election night, clearly making a statement about his future candidacy. 2040 should be a good year, people. Get ready!



Of course, last week was Halloween, which was fantastic! Lukas went as Superman, I went as Supergirl, and Scott went as Clark Kent. The picture up top is Lukas having a big time on Halloween before we went trick or treating. I initially ordered Lukas' costume off Ebay since it was impossible to find anything in his size locally. I felt very savvy buying the 2T Superman costume for a really good price, but when it arrived, I was so disappointed! Apparently, I ordered a Superman Returns costume. Why does this matter you ask? Well, the Superman Returns outfit is blue and a dark maroon color, NOT blue and red. The Superman of my childhood had blue and bright red as his colors, and only when he turned BAD did his colors change to a darker red- do you all remember that? Wasn't it after Lois dies in the earthquake or something that he turns bad (but then he spins around the world backward a bunch of times, saves her, and turns good again- am I remembering that completely wrong?)? Anyway, I did not want Lukas to be a bad superman. Luckily, my mom saved the day. She had found some Superman pajamas at Walmart that were awesome and even had a cape! A bright red cape!!! Problem solved. My parents visited for Halloween and manned the door while Scott, Lukas, and I all ventured out into the neighborhood.Here are some pre-trick or treating photos.









Lukas did try to say trick or treat but it didn't go too well at first. Mostly, he just wanted to go into people's houses and play with their toys. Good thing we only went to people we knew! Anyway, he LOVED eating m&ms and now I am greeted with some form of "Choco, mama, choco, please, please" daily. We are trying to learn that "choco" is a sometimes food (though I do eat it everyday myself- I guess I can't blame the kid for trying!).

The day after Halloween we went to the Georgia Aquarium and had a great time. Lukas was not that interested in the fish, but really liked trying to jump into the kids' tidal pool, running around all of the kid caves, and trying to climb the fake rocks everywhere. We got some great pictures of Lukas exploring the place. Thank goodness I had a coupon for admission though, because we probably stayed about 2 hours tops. My poor parents- they probably thought they would get their money's worth a bit more! :) Scott was lucky enough to go to Florida-Georgia and witness a HUGE Gator victory with Ryan & Steve.




This is Lukas in one of the caves- I am on the other side of the fish tank


check out Lukas hitting on this girl by the way...

Ok, working backwards again...we also had a trip to our Gator Water Polo reunion, which was conveniently timed with Homecoming weekend at Florida. It was so fun, and everyone that organized it did such a great job. We started out with the parade on Friday, which was soggy but so exciting for Lukas. The motorcycle cops ("cycle! cycle!"), firetrucks, marching band, and floats were all so amazing to him. It was great to see it through his eyes. After a quick lunch at Leonardo's (mmmm... garlic rolls) we had a restful day (if not a restful night) and nice dinner with Jim & Carletta, who were so kind as to let us destroy their house for a weekend. Then the next day, we tailgated pretty much all day and Scott got to go to the Kentucky game. Since Florida is a bit greedy in that they expect toddlers and babies to pay FULL PRICE admission to games, I decided that Lukas and I would sit it out. We watched a glorious gator victory on TV and then made it back to campus in time to tailgate again. Finally, the weekend was capped off with the alumni polo game were we play the current UF team. It was so fun- the alumni won, which was obviously an ego boost for all. The finale of the weekend was lunch with all our friends at Copper Monkey. I can't wait to do it all again next year.
a soggy Homecoming parade



the photo above shows Jamie Mulford's tailgating trailor- it was amazing. Lukas played in it for a LONG time.
already an expert quarterback



Hanging out with Aunt Jenny








Mullersman showing Lukas helicopters & airplanes, his two favorite things!






gator 'rasslin




Them Gator boys are hot right now



trying to recapture my water polo glory days...


The weekend prior was action packed as well- we drove out to Hilton Head to spend time with Scott's mom & dad at their time share. Lukas had a blast, and though it was chilly, he was not deterred from going into the ocean and playing on the beach. Every time a wave would hit his legs, he would shriek and say "Whoah!" We had such a wonderful time, as we do every year.











"whoah!"





Finally, the month started off with a visit from Scott's mom & grandfather on their way back to Florida from a trip to West Virginia. We took Grandaddy to Swallow at the Hollow- he loved the food and the waitress even flirted with him! Nicole also came to visit that weekend and we had a great time hanging out with her- we even went to Monkey Joe's (an inflatable playground).








Aunt Nicole even treated for a few rides on one of those coin-operated trucks. Lukas LOVED it!




Grandaddy & Lukas

All in all, an action-packed month. Can't wait for Thanksgiving next week- we hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. And how 'bout them Gators???

No comments: