Thursday, February 28, 2008

If only there were about 10 extra hours in a day...

So I am remembering this show that I used to like when I was younger about this girl who could touch her fingers together and time would stop. She was half alien or something and, though I can't remember the name of the show, I totally remember the theme song ("Would you like to wish on a star, carry moonbeams around in your arms..."). As a matter of fact, I remember lots of old TV theme songs- see if you can finish these...
"Here we are, face to face, a couple of _________ ________, hoping to find, we're two of a kind..."
"As long as we've got each other, we've got the world spinning right in our hands, baby you and me, we gotta be, the luckiest __________ who never quit dreamin'...."
"Thank you for being a friend, travelled round the world and back again, your heart is true, you're a pal and a ___________"

How did you do? I'll give you the answers just in case, but I suspect you were totally singing along thinking back to Silver Spoons, Growing Pains, and The Golden Girls (the answers were silver spoons, dreamers, and confidante by the way). Anyway Scott & I were randomly singing these songs the other day. Yes, though back to my original thought about stopping time. So wouldn't it be nice to just be able to stop time for a few hours and take care of all of the boring stuff like cleaning and paying bills so that you could then enjoy the rest of the time with fun stuff?

I bring this up because I was completely running around every night of the past week as Scott and I made the biyearly pilgramage to IKEA to spruce up our place a bit. More on that later. I have also been getting ready for a work/fun trip to NJ (work) NYC (fun) with my friend Melissa so every night has been filled with some sort of activity when all I want to do is just sit on the couch with Scott and Lukas and have fun. Sigh...

Ok, now for the IKEA story. Scott- feel free to add your own post about your frustration here. We have been without any living room furniture for about 4 years now and thought it might be time to actually put something in there, at least a light or something. However, we found this awesome leather couch at the Pottery Barn outlet and just had to get it, so then it was pretty obvious that we needed some other stuff. So we bought a bunch of other things as well, such as a king bed frame since Scott's parents have a spare king mattress set they are giving us. We even had everything delivered to our house, which we thought was very slick until we realized that somehow, IKEA sells bedframes without the actual frame part. Doh!!! Let me clarify, we bought a headboard and footboard, but the box did not contain the actual pieces. Of course we did not realize that said bed did not contain these parts until we had it delivered to our house and opened up in the living room. Scott had a very interesting conversation with the customer service people at IKEA that went something like this:
Scott: "So you sold us a bedframe with no frame?"
IKEA: "Yes."
Scott: "Doesn't that strike you as somewhat ludicrous."
IKEA: "No- everyone knows that bedframes and beds are sold separately."

Of course I am just assuming that is what IKEA said since I only heard Scott's side of the conversation. Slightly ridiculous, and at the end of the day, he had to go back, spend another $75 and cram 6 feet of bedrails into a Toyota Prius. Good times.

Ok I have been writing from Gibraltar Labs in NJ while I am waiting for the owner to come back so I should sign off. Talk to you all soon.

-steph

ps- Lukas is ALMOST crawling...any day now...seriously :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Evie! :) The show was called "Out of This World" and I thought it was a fantastic show myself! haha.

Hello Stephanie! It's nice to see you have a blog. Hope all is well.

-Nikki

Susan said...

I too loved the show...and, yes, I wish time could stop. Lukas, get a crawlin, man!!! You can do it. :-) He's probably going to crawl for a total of 3 weeks and then go straight to walking. Meanwhile, Reagan is going to crawl forever and never walk...