Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gourmet Baby



Hi everyone! Sorry it has been a while- life has gotten in the way and we have been traveling, dealing with sickness, etc. I started this post back on April 1, but never got around to finishing it! Anyway, two weeks later, I am back and getting excited for Lukas' first birthday party this weekend. As Lukas gets older, he also wants to try new things, including foods. We have progressed from the usual rice cereal, oatmeal, and baby foods to now eating "people food" as Scott's Nenee says! Of course that made me smile since I would like to think that all of his food was people food until then, but I know what Nenee meant! :) Part of this transformation to "people food" has been trying some jarred food that is meant to sound like a meal. For example, there are jars of "Chicken & Vegetables," "Chicken and Rice," "Macaroni & Cheese," etc. You get the point. Interestingly, I thought that Lukas actually was off to a bad start and hated everything because he would turn his nose up at the baby food version of anything that is actually supposed to be good. Then I discovered that he actually just has good taste and that the baby food versions of stuff just taste like crap! If I make chicken and rice, he loves it. If Gerber makes it, not so much! The same has been true for almost anything with meat. The funniest one is that I tried to give him these Gerber Graduates Pasta Pick-ups which he totally rejected (they did smell funky by the way). However, when I gave him Trader Joe's grown-up pesto filled tortellini, he couldn't stop himself! So it appears I have a gourmet baby on my hands...pass the caviar I guess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course he is a gourmet baby.. you hated Gerber and only ate "grown up food"!