Happy Valentine's Day to all- I hope the day has been happy so far. We are in the midst of our "Valentine's Day Family Extravaganza" which basically means we try to spend the weekend doing fun things, watching movies, and eating yummy food. Scott and I are big fans of the extravaganza (we are going on maybe 9 years or so of having them!).
I was reading a friend's blog recently and she had a cute post dedicated to the comical mispronunciations that her kids make. I thought I would replicate the idea here with a few of my favorites:
"Hot Baboon" = hot air balloon
"Chicken Gunnets" = chicken nuggets (preferably from Chik-Fil-A)
"Pickle Pickle" = The Fickle Pickle (one of our favorite restaurants)
"Elmo Shirt" = the Elmo's World segment on Sesame Street
"Olees" = ravioli
"Ojange Juice/ Ojanges" = orange juice / oranges
"Unscle Deve" = Uncle Steve
"Mommy's Korea" = the picture of a Korean airlines flight in his things that go book. I told him I had been on that plane, so now it is "Mommy's Korea."
"Jeremy" = any airplane he sees (Jeremy is the airplane on Thomas the Tank Engine)
"Picture Camera" = the camera
"Take a Cheese" = take a picture
"Nemos" = fruit snack (he likes the Nemo ones)
"Ice Keem" = does in fact refer to ice cream, but also to m&ms?
"Choco" = chocolate
So there you have it- that's all I can think of for now. So I wish all of you a happy day filled with choco, ice keem, maybe a trip to Pickle Pickle where you will possibly bring your picture camera, take a cheese or two, and eat some chicken gunnets. Be on the lookout for Jeremys, Mommy's Korea and hot baboons up in the sky,and be sure to have some ojange juice to keep from getting sick. Once at home, enjoy the "Elmo Shirt" while you eat some olees and Nemos, and don't forget to call Unscle Deve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment